The UHWB programme is a 10 year, global interdisciplinary science programme to promote research on urban health in changing urban environments.
The international programme office is based in Xiamen, China and seeks a communications officer.
The potential candidate will be part of a team at the international programme office in Xiamen, China and employed by the Institute of Urban Environment, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS).
Ideally the candidate will
- have a university degree in an any field related to urban environment, health or complexity science, and will convincingly show an interested in the topic of the programme.
- have good Chinese and English reading, writing and speaking skills
- be familiar with web design and web content management
- have previously written essays, newsletters, flyers or similar publications
- be familiar with some aspects of academic publishing, or able to familiarize her/himself with it easily
- have experience in designed and layout of texts, such as news feeds, newsletters, press releases, flyrs, posters, etc...
- be able to give interviews and moderate or take part in discussions
- will have good intercultural communication skills, or a talent for communicating with people from different cultural backgrounds
Interested candidates, please send your application documents with a letter of motivation, addressed to Dr. Franz Gatzweiler, executive director of the programme, to: email@example.com
by Aug 26.